We meet at:
Member’s houses & Every other meeting we endeavour to hold a social event in Fareham
on the 2nd Monday of each month at 8pm
Check our Facebook page @FarehamLions for up to date information on each meeting
Here we discuss, plan, organise projects, fundraising activities and service for the year ahead, along with a drink from the bar, occasionally we will have a meal too. We also invite an organisation to come and explain why they would like our help.
Our main objective is to support and assist local people, charities and good causes.
We have made, and continue to make, donations and offered support to all kinds of local charities, individuals and good causes as well as supporting the national and international Lions projects. We welcome requests from any local organisation who believes that we may be able to assist them.
Please check our Grant Making Policy before making a request.
We are known for being involved in:
- We serve our local communities of Fareham, Portchester and Gosport.
- We serve other communities, nationally and internationally.
- We serve by fundraising.
- We serve by supporting other organisations and people.
- We serve by providing our time.
- We serve by volunteering.
- We serve by enjoying ourselves and having fun.
- We serve the elderly, the young and those less fortunate than ourselves.
- We serve by encouraging others.
- We serve by raising awareness.
- We serve by promoting peace and understanding
100% of every penny that we raise goes to local organisations and charities, individuals in need, and other national and international Lions projects
Fareham Club History
- 1959 – 26th November – 5 members set to work with help from Portsmouth Lions – our sponsors.
- 1960 – 16th November – First formal meeting with 6 members.
- 1960 – Christmas – Delivering logs to old people and parcels to the needy.
- 1961 – January onwards – organising and running the firework display at St Edith’s Children’s home at Wallington (now The Roundabout Hotel) This continued until the home closed and the firework display transferred to Fareham Town Football Stadium.
- 1961 – Every Tuesday – Bingo – to help buy a Guide Dog for the Blind and a scented garden at the Blind Home, Mansfield House, Lee-on-the-Solent.
- 1961 – November membership has grown to 16
- 1962 – 8th February – Charter presentation at the Tower Ballroom on the Pier at Lee-on-the-Solent
- 1962 – Portchester Youth Club at Wicor helped and donations given
- 1962 – Fareham Youth Club ground cleared with the help of young people
- 1962 – Christmas – first sleigh collections
- 1962 – Christmas tree supplied to go outside Westbury Manor ( the Council Offices at that time)
- 1965 – Sponsored Gosport and Lee-on-the-Solent Lions Club
- 1967 – Sponsored Cosham Lions Club
- 1969 – Sponsored Swanage Lions Club
- 1973 – Sponsored Meon Valley Lions Club
- 1976 – Sponsored Swanwick Lions Club
- 2000 – Sponsored Crofton Lions Club
- 2001 – Fareham Lions became a Charitable Trust
- 2012 – Fareham Lions celebrated 50 years of service
- 2015 – Provided two new training dinghies for the youths at Portchester Yacht Club
- 2016 – Provided funding for Y-Services
- 2016 – Started sponsoring the annual award for service within Y-Services
- 2018 – Fareham Lions changed from Charitable Trust to Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- 2018 – Fareham Lions became able to claim Gift Aid
- 2018 – Sponsored Fareham Tchoukball Club sports kit which incorporated the Lions logo for the European Championships in Italy. U15 Girls Team became European Champions.
- 2018 – Sponsored Portchester AFC U13 Girls Team practice kit displaying the Lions logo
- 2018 – Gosport and Lee-on-the-Solent Lions Club closed
- 2019 – Themed Charter Dinner – Mary Poppins which coincided with the recent cinema release of Mary Poppins Returns
- 2019 – Horse Race Night to raise funds for Kitbags Live On, a Royal British Legion group that support former military personnel who have dementia.
- 2019 – Sponsored Fareham Nomads Swimming Club to help raise funds for a new purpose built swimming pool.
- 2019 – Sponsored Gosport Borough Ladies Football Club with away kit and training kit.
- 2019 – Barn Dance to raise further funds for AFC Portchester U13 Girls Team and Fareham Nomads Swimming Club
- 2020 – Themed Charter Dinner – VE Day 75
- 2020 – Senior Citizens Easter Party with a good ole fashion knees up for VE Day 75
- 2020 – COVID PANDEMIC
- AGE Concern given money towards lockdown resources
- Club battles on with Zoom meetings and social distanced meetups
- 2020 – Stubbington Fayre cancelled
- 2020 – Changes to the Santa sleigh to enforce social distancing
- 2021 – a reduced Stubbington Fayre was held
- 2021 – Harvest themed Senior Citizens Party held
- 2022 – Fareham Lions celebrates 60th Charter Anniversary
- 2022 – Queen’s canopy – 7 trees put towards Queen’s copse to celebrate 60 years of Fareham Lions and 1 tree to represent Platinum Jubilee of HM The Queen.
- 2022 – Platinum Jubilee themed Afternoon Tea for Senior Citizens Party